*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Chicken marengo
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup brandy
The instruction how to make Chicken marengo
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook until brown on both sides, turning once, about 3 minutes for each side. Add garlic. Cook and stir about 3 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, with their juice, and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over steamed rice or potato mash, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken marengocalories: