Lunch-box meals become more exciting with these tasty chicken pasties.
The ingredient of Chicken pasties
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups shredded, barbecued chicken
- 270g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 6 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- Milk or egg yolk, to brush pastry
The instruction how to make Chicken pasties
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and curry and fry until onions are soft but not brown. Add carrot and celery and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken and corn and stir until combined. Stir in flour, then gradually start adding stock, stirring, until mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4. Add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to the centre of a piece of pastry. Fold over a corner diagonally to enclose the filling and form a triangle. Use a fork to seal the edges, then brush with milk or egg yolk.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and mixture. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Nutritions of Chicken pastiescalories: