Invite your friends around for lunch and enjoy these tasty skewers with traditional satay sauce.
The ingredient of Chicken satay
- 2 large (about 500g) single chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Steamed green beans, topped, to serve
- Steamed carrots, cut into 1cm-thick batons, to serve
- Hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters, to serve
- Lebanese cucumber, cut into 2cm-thick batons, to serve
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 purple (Asian) eschalot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Ayam light coconut milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped palm sugar or brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 130g (1/2 cup) Sanitarium natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
The instruction how to make Chicken satay
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the eschalot and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the coconut milk, water, soy sauce, fish sauce, sambal oelek, sugar and salt to the eschalot mixture and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and add the peanut butter. Stir to combine. Simmer, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and combine.
- Thread chicken pieces onto the skewers. Preheat a chargrill on medium?high heat. Add skewers and cook for 3 minutes each side or until brown and cooked to your liking. Divide among serving plates. Drizzle over sauce and serve with beans, carrot, egg and cucumber.
Nutritions of Chicken sataycalories: 497.12 calories
fatContent: 31 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.5 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 45 grams protein