This healthy chicken and rice dinner is full of Japanese flavours and is perfect for busy weeknights.
The ingredient of Japanese chicken with greens and rice recipe
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced tamari
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch broccolini, halved
- 250g pkt microwave brown rice and quinoa
The instruction how to make Japanese chicken with greens and rice recipe
- Combine the tamari, mirin, tahini and oil in a small bowl. Place half the dressing in a shallow dish and add chicken. Turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour. Reserve the remaining dressing.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill over medium. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest before thickly slicing.
- Meanwhile, steam asparagus, sugar snaps and broccolini in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Cook rice and quinoa following packet instructions. Divide rice and quinoa, greens and chicken among 4 serving bowls. Drizzle over the reserved dressing.
Nutritions of Japanese chicken with greens and rice recipecalories: 323.367 calories
fatContent: 8 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 36 grams protein
sodiumContent: 486 milligrams sodium