Meat loaf (faschierter braten)
The ingredient of Meat loaf (faschierter braten)
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, overwhelmed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel beef stock
- 140g (3/4 cup) instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 1kg red meat mince
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rashers middle bacon
- 40g (1/four cup) pistachio kernels
- four Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- three teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly floor black pepper
The instruction how to make Meat loaf (faschierter braten)
- To make cucumber salad, integrate cucumber and salt in a pitcher bowl. Set apart for 1 hour to soften. Place in a sieve and drain. Transfer cucumber to a bowl. Add dill and vinegar, and stir to mix. Taste and season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Brush a 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil to lightly grease. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium warmth. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or till onion softens. Add the lemon rind and stir to combine. Remove from warmth and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- While onion combination is cooling, warmness the inventory in a saucepan over excessive heat. Bring to the boil and dispose of from heat. Place polenta in a heatproof bowl. Pour in the hot stock and stir till blended. Set apart for 5 minutes to chill.
- Place the polenta aggregate, onion combination, mince, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and dill seeds in a bowl and stir with a fork till mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place mince mixture in the prepared dish. Top with bacon and sprinkle with pistachios. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked thru. Set apart for five minutes to relaxation. Cut meat loaf into slices and serve with cucumber salad.
Nutritions of Meat loaf (faschierter braten)calories: 554.48 calories
fatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 47 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1559.62 milligrams sodium