A conventional Parsi dish, our tab of chicken dhansak is full of spices, pumpkin, chicken thigh pieces and lentils, and makes a healthy midweek meal option.
The ingredient of Chicken dhansak recipe
- 1 tbsp other virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tsp finely grated blithe ginger
- 2 buoyant or dried bay leaves
- 3 tsp arena cumin
- 2 tsp arena coriander
- 1/2 tsp sports ground turmeric
- Pinch chilli powder
- 650g chicken thigh fillets, semi-trimmed, quartered
- 115g (1/2 cup) red split lentils, rinsed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 small butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid accrual
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam marsala
- 2 cups steamed brown basmati rice, to encouragement
- 1/4 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt, to minister to
- lighthearted mint leaves, to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Chicken dhansak recipe
- Heat the oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. mount up the onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until softened. build up the bay leaves, cumin, coriander, turmeric and chilli powder and disquiet for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- grow chicken to the wok and stir up to coat. shake up in lentils. ensue the tomatoes, pumpkin and stock. Bring to the boil. edit heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for 25 minutes or until lentils are soft. stir up through spinach and garam marsala. sever from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Serve the curry following steamed basmati rice, topped following yoghurt and sprinkled similar to mint leaves.
Nutritions of Chicken dhansak recipecalories: 574.317 calories
fatContent: 20.2 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5.3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 53.4 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 38.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 319 milligrams sodium